1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New p4p

Discussion in 'Rankings' started by Classy, Feb 6, 2016.

1. amack603

amack603 Well-Know Member Blog User

I actually run two different lists. I have a P4P list that incorporates ALL classes and then I have a "best in class" list.

2. amack603

And for the record, since I cant change my username, my identity has always been in my signature block. I agree that it makes it awfully easy to take anonymous shots at people when you can hide behind a screenname. For the record, this isn't directed at anyone in particular, just my general thought.

3. great_sport

great_sport Well-Know Member Registered

Always? I've been around here for a handful of years and I don't ever remember regarding P4P being by class. I think Amack603 was the first to introduce the "Best in Class" (and I think he brought that after seeing the MassWrestling.com rankings, if I'm not mistaken).

P4P is, by definition, regardless of weight, class, age, etc.

4. amack603

Correct on the class ranking. I like that feature and first observed it on Masswrestling. I made The decision to include that metric when I saw that flowrestling, international and the other top ranking services all use something similar.

5. Joe Laplante

Joe Laplante Well-Know Member Registered

6. amack603

My view is that they are separate and distinct, hence the two different categories. It would be theoretically possible to appear on the best in class list but NOT appear in the P4P list. For example, we have a year loaded with good Jrs/Srs, you could be the best freshman but not break the top 10 P4P.

7. great_sport

great_sport Well-Know Member Registered

Barreiro very well may be top P4P, but unfortunately the 195 lbs weight class has been so horrid since its inception that there isn't much to compare. Not only is there a lack of top end wrestlers, but a lack of wrestlers, period.

8. Zimmy

Zimmy Active Member Registered

In my experience it's a very rare year, indeed, to find a 'heavyweight' wrestler considered as one of the top p4p wrestlers. I'm talking about 200+ pounds.

9. Zimmy

Zimmy Active Member Registered

In my experience it's a very rare year, indeed, to find a 'heavyweight' wrestler considered as one of the top p4p wrestlers. I'm talking about 200+ pounds. Barriero is certainly right at the top...though I don't view him as a 'heavyweight' type.